You see it all of the time, but you have no idea what SEO is and how to implement it into your website. Let’s start with the basic understanding of SEO…
SEO/Search Engine Optimization – optimizing your website to increase traffic, increase search results so people can find you, new viewers, and making you more money!
Your goal with SEO is to position yourself as an expert in what you do. Be a resource to those so they rely on you, hire you, and/or buy products from you. Google wants you to be a trusted source. Do the research, share your knowledge by giving advice, teaching others, providing useful tips, and so much more.
So how do we make it easier for people to find you on the world wide web? Here are a few things you can implement into your website, blog, product pages now that will make your life easier!
– If your website allows you to add a description to your images, use it! Your file names on images should also have keywords. The more keywords you add for SEO, the better.
– Have a link-worthy website! If you have inactive links on your site, Google notices that and pushes you down in the ranking.
– Update your content regularly. Stale content is never any good.
– Make sure the copy in your blog posts are using keywords that apply to the topic.
– If you have products for sale, link them!
– Using different terminology throughout instead of the same words will help! For example, you may use the word “branding,” but a client may be searching “logo.” Another example would be the word “marketing,” but a client could be searching for “social media,” “email marketing,” and so on. This way, you will hit multiple searches.
– Give people the opportunity to subscribe to your blog. Input newsletter buttons so they can subscribe to your posts by email. This will allow your followers to receive notifications on your latest posts without them having to check your site themselves for new content.
– Product Description: make sure it states exactly what the item is, describe who it’s for, and what problem it solves. The more information you provide, the better and more likely it’s searched. Be mindful of how much content you provide, although you want it to be detailed, don’t overwhelm your visitors.
– Going back to the blog page – link your products on your blog posts if you’re chatting about a certain item or service you’re selling.
If you thought this information was insightful, but you’re still figuring out how to get this all going properly, let’s chat! We work on inputting SEO into our client’s websites to set them up for better rankings and success!